19.8.20

Bursting the Red Bubble

After speaking about many shops and services that I love, I want to share one that disappointed me big time: Redbubble.

I landed there for buying some stickers and a t-shirt by Lornaka (one of my favorite Star Wars artist), and I ended up with four masks, the Kanan t-shirt I wanted, and a gazillion of stickers.

After waiting a suuuuuper long time for processing, printing, and shipping (and I am talking about more than a month here), the stickers arrived.

The quality was abysmal. In the second picture, you can clearly see the printing lines, which were basically spoiling the whole pack. My laser printer does a better job, guaranteed.

Anyway, I decided to let it go.
I was helping the artists and blabla. Fine.

However, when two over four masks ordered arrived, and one was WRONG and the other was blurred, I decided to write to the customer service.

And that was the point of no return: they don't have one. Not a mail address, not a phone number, not even an open form online. You can just click on pre-made pages, which just allow you to return things, but not really do much.

I wrote to them on Facebook, Twitter, and Trust Pilot (a review website), and they finally contacted me, canceling the remaining of my order (the t-shirt was not even processed!), and refunded me.

Compared to similar services I used during the same period (CustomInk and TeePublic, or, even ShirtPunch, despite the longer processing) the difference was astonishing.

It's a pity that many artists sell their brilliant works on that platform, and, maybe, the customer receives a low-quality product. They deserve so much more than that.

.

No comments: