1.6.21

You belong

"You never completely have your rights, one person, until you ALL have your rights."
Marsha P. Johnson

On a hot summer’s night in New York on June 28, 1969, police raided the Stonewall Inn, a gay club in Greenwich Village, which resulted in bar patrons, staff, and neighborhood residents rioting in Christopher Street over six days.
It was the beginning.

Today, I am celebrating with you the start of #PrideMonth.
No matter the continent or the time of my life, there are still battles to fight and voices that aren't heard.
We aren't quite there.
We still need to rebel.

However, this little Star Wars bubble is accepting and lovely.
[Thank you]

And, I want to say that I'm sorry.
I'm sorry for uninclusive positions that we in the community may express sometimes.
We are not immune to flaws and mistakes.
We do *tend to gatekeep*.

So, if you feel you belong to the LGBTQA+ community.

YOU DO.

You belong if you are attracted or romantically interested in very diverse humans and you are in a het relationship.
No, you are NOT "hiding", or "greedy".
And, definitely -definitely-, you are NOT "fake."

You belong if you are not attracted or romantically interested in anyone. Or, if you are, it happened that you didn't have sex yet.
No, you do NOT "need to meet someones first", or "need to try sex before knowing".
And, definitely -definitely-, you are entitled to NOT give a fuck about our "such a pity!" or "what you are missing!".

You belong to this community even if you are a cishet human, and you truly care about our rights.
Care about your friends, your moms, your dads, your siblings, your children.

YOU BELONG.
Please, do not feel diminished by those (even of us) who say otherwise.

[Since this is my geeky space, I decided to share this PRIDE t-shirt by "Looking for Leia", a docu-series about women and non-binary fans.
I took this photo of myself on Sunday.
I looked at it, and my first thought was deleting and not posting it today.
Why? Too much boobs.
Then, though, I stopped.
Because, folks, those are indeed my boobs.
And the fact that I was somehow self-censoring myself, I guess it is part of the problem too.
So, there.]

No comments: