6.7.21

"He thought about it now as he guided his speeder through the streets of Mos Espa. [...] He thought about all the things he would do and places he would go, the adventures he would have and the successes he would enjoy, and the dreams he would see come true. He drove the speeder out from the city under Tatooine's suns, the heat rising off the desert sands in a shimmering wave, the light reflecting off the metal surface of the speeder like white fire."
[The Phantom Menace by Terry Brooks]
Heatwave?
I am sending all my thoughts to the ones of you that live in the Pacific Northwest. Stay hydrated and stay wet, if you can. I won't write a 4000-words-essay about heat transfer involved, but believe me, that helps!

I am lucky enough that Iowa is hot in summer, on average, so we are well equipped with AC. Also, since the large majority of my clothes are HerUniverse Ahsoka-themed sportswear or Star Wars t-shirts (I know, not exactly what you would expect from an old lady but, this is it), I have no problems here.

So, do not underestimate the heat.
Drink a lot of water, embrace the sweating, and don't be like Ezra on Tatooine.

"What else can we do? We have to go forward.
Well, I suppose crossing the sands is a bad idea.
Yes, Chop, especially for droids."

[In the photo, my Her Universe shorts, tank top and water bottle, season seven Funko pops, and my beloved earrings by @geekablycute, which are super lightweight and button type, ideal for sporty activities too]

No comments: