5.10.21

For life and the light

"All right... but Loden... how will you do that? [...]
"Eh," he said. "I'll probably just trust in the Force or something." [...] Loden laughed. "It'll be all right. Or it won't, but I'll do my best. [...]"
"That sounds like you actually do have a plan."
"I wouldn't call it a plan. It's more like five impossible things in a row. I'm just going to hit them one at a time."
~

Right, right.
With this photo, I would be expected to speak about Avar Kriss.
Again.
But I did already post about her and Elzar, and their dances, and the "Jane Austen Star Wars."
And I'm here, eager to share some GEMS by Loden, which, for me, always sounds like Han Solo would do if he was a Jedi.
So, let me quote him a little longer, while together, you and I, we feast our eyes on the beauty of this pin by @shadowcollectivepins (15 dollars!)
~

Loden had a sense of humor about things that was very welcome among the Jedi. Porter had met many in their Order who took things far too seriously. Life was long, and they had the gift of the Force. Why be stoic? The vows didn't mean they were dead.
~

"I'm here, Loden," Indeera said. "What's happening?"
"A Nihil fleet dropped in from hyperspace, and they don't seem particularly happy," he said.
"Here? That's not possible."
"Please let them know that."
~

"Fools," Loden said.
"What are they doing?" Bell said, lifting his own blade and deflecting a blaster bolt. "I thought you had an understanding with them?"
"They must have misunderstood the understanding"
~

Loden Greatstorm's philosophy as a teacher was very simple: If Bell was theoretically capable of something, even if Loden could do it ten times as fast and a hundred times more skillfully, then Bell would end up doing that thing, not Loden. "If I do everything, no one learns anything".
~

"Why has the Force called us to fight today?" Loden said.
"For life and the light," Bell replied.

No comments: