23.5.22

May the Spires Keep You

It was a pretty evening with a beautiful sunset, and as Vi walked the old path through the ancient forest toward a town cobbled together of cast-outs and love, she realized that this place was starting to feel like home. []

Batuu was beautiful and strange, old and new, magical and yet natural. She even loved the funny little pipa birds with their long pink beaks that trailed behind the scrappers, hoping for some kindness in the form of crumbs. []
~

Three full days in Batuu.
I know.
It seems like insanity since the land is tiny.
But I can't care the least.
I'm hyper, I'm planning this for almost three years now (rescheduled 4 times), and I will try to be "in-universe" for each second I spend there.
Maybe just breaking character a couple of times, just for showing to 'Raw'n the Cantina where his alter ego engaged in colorful bar fights.

Yes, he is coming, of course. He wouldn't speak with me again if he wasn't. And he would be insanely mad if I wouldn't offer him at least one cocktail at Oga's.
If you followed our travels last year, you know that the guy is fond of nice food and drinks.
It's a little bit "his thing."

I will try my best to not break the illusion during the day, but I will post silly updates and useless pictures of my 6-inches blue companion.
I hope I won't bother you too much. I guess, though, everyone will be so busy among Celebration and Obi-Wan to not notice.

I'm unbelievably excited to meet Rey, Chewie, and, especially Vi. And, after the two years I spent cursing Mubo and his nonchalant comm calls, becoming used to Dok-Ondar weird vocalizer, and drinking at Seezelslak's (yes, I play "Tales from the Galaxy's Edge" A LOT), I feel like I come home.

May the Spires Keep You!

[Photo: ready with my Batuu "tour guide", my in-universe ID, the spira by @hyperspaceprops, and the luggage tag by @afanofshop]

No comments: