20.7.22

Like falling in love

“I know it sounds impossible, but when have we ever let that stop us?”
~

The fact that IG shows my post to less than 500 people now freed me, in a way.
No matter the caption, photo, or quality, in the end, what counts is if I am proud or not of the content I share.
And the responses that I have.

So, there.
Almost 5 pm and from a fandom that is not Star Wars.
Which IS and WILL BE the topic I love to rant about the most.
Buuuuut I have been in a constant hyper fixation for more than six months now.
And I am genuinely surprised that I have resisted sharing this here.

[Arcane, I mean.
Which is, in a word, perfect.
Story, music, characters, acting, production, animation, songs.
PERFECT]

I am unsure if this will be my only post, even if I own enough merch and things to say to go on for months. [And, yes, this is a warning]
But I wanted to write about what science means to me, and some quotes from Arcane were simply too fitting.
So you "won" this post.
~

“We’re no strangers to failure. What makes this the City of Progress is that we keep trying until we get it right.”

I adore doing research.
I adore that the premise is that we look for answers to unsolved problems.
And when we find them, boom, we move on.
I adore that, if you think about it, is the opposite of being an expert in something. In other jobs, you are paid or have prestige because you “know your stuff". But when you are a scientist, you succeed because you admit you know nothing. So that you can ask all the good questions.
You proceed tentatively.
Stubborn, curious.
Like a toddler.
And, like one, you're not afraid, not caring for the dangers or the consequences.

"If dangerous ideas didn’t excite the imagination, we would never wander astray"

“Surely, we, the pioneers of science, can use it for good. We’re the champions of discovery. Why fear it when we can master it?”

I do not know if you ever felt like that.
It is a little like falling in love.
You guess, you try, you are painfully wrong.
A form of insanity that you are unable to escape.
Dangerous.
But, sometimes, rewarding.

[It is utterly hilarious that I am using my Jayce mug here, not something Silco or Viktor, which are my total obsessions]

No comments: