28.7.22

I assume

“Your next question is probably why this is all such a big secret.”
“Not at all,” Thrawn assured her. [] He looked her squarely in the eye. “*My* question is why you’ve told me all this. Surely I’m not senior enough for that kind of classified information. Especially not after today.”
“I told you because you thrive on information,” Ziara said. [] “The more you know about a situation, the better you are at coming up with the strategy and tactics necessary to handle it. Anyway, you’ll be called in for the top-level briefing soon enough.” She felt her lips pucker. “When that happens, try to act surprised.”
“I will,” he promised. “Speaking of surprises, does your family know you’re bringing a guest?”
Ziara shook her head. “No, but it won’t be a problem.”
Thrawn raised his eyebrows slightly. “You assume.”
“Yes,” Ziara conceded. “I assume.”
~

Ziara.
And her way of always not giving an absolute damn about what other people might think or argue, always pursuing righteousness, concreteness, results.
Deeply understanding Thrawn's logic and neurodiversity, his intuition, and intelligence, but also his necessities, limits, recursive gotos, and inadequacies.
And Thrawn.
Who always feels so comfortable when Ziara is around, who treasures her vision and approval, her acumen, perseverance, and boldness.

Perfect everlasting friendship.

[Photo: beautiful custom Chiss Thrawn pop made by @cardinal.creates, with a Ziara cadet pop by me. Cass is celebrating today the first anniversary of her account, so be sure to stop there and congratulate! 💙]

No comments: