9.2.23

Sleepover time for our souls

The hatch slid open, and Admiral Ar’alani stepped into the suite.
“Everyone all right?” she asked.
“Do you need Ab’begh?” the momish asked.
“No, it’s all right,” Ar’alani said, holding up a hand and smiling at Ab’begh as the little girl put down her questis. “I expect the Vigilant to stay where we are for the rest of the night. If we have to go anywhere, we can do a short jump-by-jump. So, no, you girls can relax.”
She shifted her eyes to Che’ri. “I mostly came by to tell you, Che’ri, that Thrawn and the Springhawk have made it to the asteroid where they’ll be hiding for the next few hours. They’re safe, and it doesn’t look like anyone saw them.”
“Okay,” Che’ri said. She still wasn’t fully clear on what all the fancy flying had been about, but she was glad the Springhawk was safe.
“Thalias is with him, right?”
“Yes, she is,” Ar’alani said, her voice sounding a little strange. “But I’m afraid you’ll have to sleep here tonight. I’ll have an extra bed brought in for you.”
“She can sleep in my bed,” Ab’begh said, sitting straight up in her chair. “It’s big enough.” []
“Caregiver?” Ar’alani asked.
“If it’s all right with Ab’begh, it’s fine with me.” The woman actually smiled. “I remember having sleepovers when I was their age. Pretty sure I can whip up a few snacks for them, and we’ll make it an event.”
“Sounds reasonable,” Ar’alani said. “But.” She raised a warning finger. “When your caregiver says it’s time for lights-out, girls, it’s time for lights-out. If we need you, we don’t want you so tired you’ll accidentally steer us into a supernova.”
~

Kindness is contagious.
And empathy is a gift.

Today I am celebrating the wonderful presents I received from two of the most amazing humans I connected with because of a blue literary alien.

The mug from Redbubble is from @kotoroa. And I adore it.

The incredible lunch set I have used for over a year was a gift from @geekablycute, and I am so sillily constantly thrilled to show it off at work.

This little online space we made our own, the bonds we created are a cuddling sleepover time for our souls.

No comments: