20.7.23

Shattered

“Bridger?”
“Yeah?”
“The one who helped you... Was it Kanan Jarrus?”
Ezra froze and stared at the Chiss in disbelief. “How…?”
“So it was him.” []
Ezra became very still feeling the Chiss’ inquisitive gaze. What did Thrawn expect him to say? That, yes, that was Kanan? That he had somehow transcended death?
“I mean no harm. I’m just… curious about it,” Thrawn told him.
“He won’t come again,” Ezra said with a serious tone.
“I see. His will is not your own, I understand,” Thrawn nodded and continued walking.
“You are getting better, understanding the Force,” Ezra again wasn’t sure if he was too happy about that.
“I understand the evidence that was laid before me, although…” there was a slight hesitation in his voice. “The fact that one’s consciousness could survive is…” Thrawn trailed off.
“Quite something, uh,” Ezra chuckled tiredly.
“Indeed.”
Ezra could have left it there, but he felt a nudging that the conversation was not quite over yet. “Kanan told me… the Jedi believed that when someone dies, they become one with the Force. And they are always with us.”
“Even Chiss?” Thrawn asked calmly looking ahead.
“Even Chiss,” Ezra said.
[From "Last Known Trajectory" by @soulnova_alizrak]
~

My heart.
It was there. Just one second ago.
Protected.
Safe.
And then just a sentence.

“Even Chiss?”

And it is shattered.

~
“If you don’t mind, I’d like to eat alone,” Thrawn said. “There’s a bistro where Thrass and I used to meet. I’d like to spend my last evening on Csilla remembering him.”
[From "Lesser Evil" by Timothy Zahn]
~

[Photo: stunning Thrass and Thrawn print by @blackmonitor_official]

No comments: