13.9.20

Rusty relics (for your phone)

This is the first prop I ever did by myself.

I made it in February when I was supposed to go to Galaxy Edge, and I wanted an appropriate Star Wars-inspired cover for my phone.

I never glued or painted or crafted anything before this. I mostly bought my props in the past, but I had this old cover (originally pink) and there was this cheap tiny x-wing model (inception!) in a local thrift store, so I wondered 'why not?'.

I think I improved a lot from this, especially with glue and masking liquid, but I still love the attempt to a very rusty feeling and the actually removed paint.

My Defender blaster chipped-off effect, of which I'm particularly proud, or even my lightsabers mods, would not exist without this goofy attempt.

Best comment received: "Looks like a real relic. Something that was scored at an outer rim trade shop for two coupler rings and a gorg head."

No comments: