8.10.20

Volare

Ok, not a fancy picture.
But I don't have much time to play AND post in here before going back to grade (yes, it's the midterm week for professors too) in less than one hour.

So, a quick update because I'm *too HYPER* not to share my very wanted (and extremely overpriced) Thustmaster hotas.

It has been 20 years or something that I don't use a flight stick. And I never had a fancy one with a throttle control: I always played hybrid, with the keyboard.
That said, it's kind of unexpected, but it feels totally normal. Maybe because I *really* played *too much* during high school.
Yes. Last century (literally).

So, I cannot describe the **JOY** of playing Star Wars Squadrons in VR not feeling blind... I managed to complete all the missions with the keyboard, but moving from WSAD and ERTFG without actually LOOKING at my keyboard was really challenging. And I don't even start with boosting and drift.

I am eager to play all the missions again, perhaps trying the "just instrumentation" setting and -maybe- the veteran level (?) in the near future. I use the "pilot" mode right now, and already it feels like the ship is super delicate.

Anyway. The baby arrived. And I don't even care that it was so expensive because, FINALLY, I have all the control I want without feeling that I'm reading braille.

No comments: