10.10.20

Wolfpack

A little bit of a story behind this wolfpack T-shirt.

I wanted one like Filoni for ages, but I could find it just on Redbubble, which, if you read a previous post of mine, I hate with a passion for the abysmal quality, shipping timing, and (basically zero) customer service.

I searched a little, without success, deciding then to make the vector image myself, tracing with Illustrator the picture of the original shirt.
When completed, I googled the best-reviewed website for custom merch, and I found that Custom Ink had a stellar reputation. So I ordered the shirt from there, not to sell it or anything, but just for a 'one sample' production.
After a couple of days, a very kind and lovely designer from the website contacted me, asking me if I had the Lucasfilm copyrights, and passing me the contact at Disney for asking the authorization.
Obviously, a mass-production was not my intention, so, very professionally and after a good laugh, they reimbursed me entirely.
I still have to order something from them, but the whole process left me with a very positive impression of how serious and cool they are.

That said, I really really wanted the shirt, so I ended up finding and order it from TeePublic. The shipping time was totally acceptable, and the quality is good.
I'm absolutely not certain that the author had the actual copyright, but, I admit I did not investigate the matter too much.

No comments: