21.12.20

My Luke

Finally, it is MandoMonday!
Deleting the spoiler post, openly able to speak about Luuuke!

As said on Friday, I really could not convey into words what I felt, and, somehow, still feeling.
The total happiness, nerves breaking, sobbing, and happiness again.
The people that watched The Mandalorian episode with me know well because they had my voice pitching in ultrasounds in their headphones.

Genuinely, I still cannot describe what Luke Skywalker means to me.
But, finally, I can speak about the thrill to see him, ultimately, as a Jedi *Master*.

We followed Luke in his hero journey, his successes, and failures. His force training: Rodia, Devaron, Tatooine, Dagobah.
We saw his stubborn hope, his *attachment* and love for his friends and sister.

We left him, in VI, serene, accomplished, aware of his abilities, calm.
A Jedi Master.

But then, we lost track of that wise and confident character, finding him disillusioned, lost, full of regrets, and sadness.

Don't get me wrong, I personally think that Episode VIII Luke is still very much in character. I can relate to the insanely deep guilt and sense of failure he felt after the slaughter of his pupils by Kylo's hand.
Ultimately, Ben was Leia's kid. The closest he had to a son. Heroes are not unemotional. Especially someone so passionate as Luke (very much Anakin alike).

The point is that the new canon covers just a small portion of that period. Most of the stories are between IV and V or V and VI. And, although I tried to collect any media in which Luke was mentioned or appearing (a small portion depicted here), the only glance of that incredible human he became after ROTJ was in Shattered Empire and Battlefront II.

Even if you don't play, I do suggest to search for this beautiful BF2 scene (on YouTube). He is on Pillio, looking for the Jedi compass that can guide him to Ahch-To. And he is compassionate, kind, knowledgeable, wonderful.

So, I must confess that I wouldn't mind seeing a little more of this Luke in the future. There are at least 19 years to cover between what we saw on Friday and the Temple fall.

I really would love to live that story.

No comments: