13.12.20

Royalty

I wanted this Leia Organa lightsaber since I saw it last year in The Rise of Skywalker.
In addition to be a magnificent saber, it is also Leia's as a force sensitive Jedi, something that it was 40 years I was waiting to see.

My indecision was mainly (beside the price tag), the accuracy of the replica.
After the close-up photos of the original movie prop published by Lucasfilm (on the Star Wars website), I wanted something accurate. The pearl inserts were, specifically, the details that delayed my purchase the most.
Almost all the empty hilts with the pearl accents on the handle were or excessively priced (for my mental budget, not for the work of the makers!) or not precise in other parts. The most similar ones, instead, often also the cheap ones, did not have that detail.
The turning point, for me, was The Lightsabers Collection book, in which, as a rendering and not the photo of the actual prop, the saber is just aluminum and dark copper.

I am a big fan of LGTtoy hilts. They are cheap, but they offer a great deal for the price. Sure, nothing to compare to custom works by expert sabers smiths, but unbeatable for the quality price ratio.
Since I wanted mostly a shelf queen , not minding too much about Proffie board or Neopixel, I opted for this 270 dollars LGT for Black Friday, with new smooth(er) swing sound and LED.

I personally love a specific reseller, Crimson Dawn Sabers, because of their 3/5 days shipping (note: the mean wait for a saber for most of the popular brands is around *3 months*), their transparency, and their incredible customers service.

I am SO HAPPY to have this beauty in my hands!

No comments: