25.12.21

Have yourself a merry little Chissmas

"Have yourself a merry little Chissmas
Let your heart be light
From now on
Your troubles will be out of sight."
~

I love how @nerdilyinclined is geeking-up the classical carols.

And so, a merry little Chissmas, Thrawn.
More than ever, after "Lesser Evil", I just wish for you a time when troubles were truly miles away.

Eli and Ar'alani.
Ch'eri, Samakro and Thalias.
Kivu'rik'ardok.
Like in the olden and golden days of yore, gathering together once more.
For you.

Like Mr. Zahn, I guess, I hope that the powers-that-be will have the heart to write you at home (the only home you have ever known), surrounded by your faithful friends, and even, perhaps, some new ones.

I know. I know.
It's a silly thought for Christmas.

When the "real world" is a mess.
When people are suffering, and the lack of empathy is everywhere.
When even members of this amazing community are not well, or in trouble.

But, see, Thrawn.
Maybe this is the point.
Maybe this is the reason why, among all the infinite things we cannot control, I would love that at least you, YOU, an imaginary character from a multimillion dollars franchise, could have a little bit of peace, recognition, and love.

[Photo: wonderful Chissmas decoration by @rylothrelics. With the cute cute Santa Thrawn.]

No comments: