16.4.22

Because of Obi-Wan

"You are quite the general now, aren't you, Master Kenobi?"
"Forgive me for interrupting, Your Highness, I meant no disrespect."
"Really? Senators, I presume you are acquainted with the collection of half-truths and hyperbole known as Obi-Wan Kenobi?"
"Your Highness is too kind."
"You're right. I am."
~

My very own and personal desire?
Six episodes in which nothing substantial happens (sand, Luke playing in the distance, sand, Luke whining in the distance, sand) except Obi-Wan speaking to Qui-Gon in his head like a broken record, basking in the harrowing pain of his regrets.
Accompanied by a plethora of detailed and extremely angsty flashbacks, of course. Yes, the whole "collection of half-truths and hyperbole" tormenting his exile for nineteen years. And, please, with the lancinating awareness of everything he did NOT say.

Am I too brutal?
Very possibly.

But she was wonderful.
Witty, kind, intense.
And too selfless. Too caring.
Too in love.

"Remember my dear Obi-Wan, I loved you always... I always will."

Fine.
Do I believe Satine's fate (or the fate of the whole Galaxy) all to blame on Obi-Wan's unspoken words?
In spite of myself, no.
[But, damn if I condemn the writers]

She could have a long, powerful, meaningful life.
*They* could have a long, powerful, meaningful life.

"I thought she meant something to you."
"She did, and still does. But I cannot allow my feelings to cloud my judgment."

No? So, tell me, Obi-Wan.
Where did you get this brilliant idea that "feelings" are so "wrong" that "cloud" our judgment?
That feelings cannot, instead, be acknowledged, understood, so to base balanced decisions *considering* them, as they ARE part of our reality? Part of the truth?
Stars, this makes me so frustrated.

[And, yes, it was a rhetorical question. I perfectly know where he got the memo]

So, here again.
Despite my best efforts, I cannot survive a caption trying to speak about how magnificent and perfect Satine Kryze was, without rotting internally.
"Because of Obi-Wan".

[This was supposed to be a sweet and lovely and flowery Spring caption]
[Facepalm]

[Photo: @maxxmerch pin on the most delicious and beautiful cookies I ever ate: a gift by @meltarien]

No comments: