2.4.22

Canonically Beautiful

“Why am I hearing reports of a Nihil loss at Dalna?” Marchion Ro asked.
He slumped in a massive chair that looked down on those occupied by his Tempest Runners, seeming for all the stars bored by the conversation.
It gave Nan a thrill every time she saw him like this: helmet off, black hair free to hang over his bare, leathery skin and his star-marked shoulders.
His pitiless eyes were all black, and Nan stood close enough that she could see the slight ruffle on the edge of his ears.
No one knew just who Ro’s people were. Every time someone asked him his species they ended up dead.
He was as deadly as he was beautiful, and Nan counted herself lucky to be allowed to occupy the same space as him.
~

Look.
Sometimes I really try my best to write long, in-depth takes about SW characters and stories.
With Marchion, I did it, maybe, a couple of times already.

But no.
This is not one of those posts.
And, shamelessly, I planned this superficial, fangirling, idiotic caption since I read that sentence in "Out of the Shadows."
In August.
LAST YEAR.

Six months for sharing a post with the only intent to state unequivocally that Marchion Ro, is, canonically, beautiful.
No, like, seriously.

We *see* that Anakin is gorgeous (!), or Obi-Wan is mind-blowingly handsome.

[Listen, I do not like the character alright, but he is **Ewan kriffing McGregor**. And I have, well, eyes]

But was he ever *described* as attractive?
Or Ben? Or Rey?
Or, even, Thrawn?
[He is "slender", he is "tall", he has "regal confidence"... but I do not recall he was ever noted as "good-looking"]

Marchion?
BOOM. THERE.
"As deadly as he was beautiful."

And, damn, I feel you, Nan, I feel you.

[Photo: the first face appearance of Marchion, in The High Republic Adventures #5]

No comments: