29.9.22

Borderline insane

“Whoa,” Apros muttered. “Does he ever come up with a battle plan that’s not borderline insane?”
“Not that I’ve noticed,” Lakinda growled.
~

I smirk whenever someone states that Thrawn’s alignment is “lawful evil.”

I spent a gazillion words discussing the canonical inexistence of his supposedly “evil” behavior, so I won’t rant further.
I accept the “neutral” hypothesis if you feel better about it regarding Thrawn’s involvement with the Empire, but I fundamentally agree with Mr. Zahn when, questioned about the matter, he replied instantly “good” without even pondering it a picosecond.

That said, claiming that he is strictly “lawful” is hilarious.
Every of his (five?) close friends has a jar of anxiolytics at hand every time he walks into the room with an idea of his.
Ba’kif probably put a Thrawn’s face sticker on his Xanax pillbox.

Let’s face it.
The guy is brilliantly unhinged.
Quiet, polite, elegant, sure.
Still. Beautifully unpredictable.
And we (and his five friends) love him for it.

~
“An interesting thought,” General Ba’kif said, pursing his lips. “The question is whether that thought is dangerously inspired or merely criminally insane.”
“I don’t see why either adjective has to be attached, sir,” Thrawn said, his voice carrying his usual mix of respect and confidence. “The small scout ship I’m proposing—”
“You *don’t*?” Ba’kif interrupted.

~
“What in the depths of the Chaos were you *thinking*?” Ba’kif demanded [].
“It was a humanitarian gesture toward the Magys’s people—” Thrawn began.
“I don’t want to hear any excuses,” Ba’kif cut him off.

~
“*If* you’ve read him correctly,” Ar’alani said []. “Come on, Thrawn, this is crazy. Even for you.”

~
“I assume you aren’t going to let Ba’kif or Ja’fosk in on that part of the plan?”
“I’m not that crazy,” Thrawn said with a small smile.

~
“You disapprove,” Thrawn said.
Ar’alani eyed him, her head still spinning from the idea he’d presented to her []. “Of course I disapprove,” she said. “The whole thing is totally illegal in at least three directions. Not to mention insane”
“Agreed,” Thrawn said. “The question is, are you willing to go through with it?”


No comments: