1.9.22

Leadership is a journey

"Leadership is a journey, not a destination.

It is continually challenged, and must continually prove itself anew against fresh obstacles.
Sometimes those obstacles are external events.
Other times they are the doubts of those being led. Still other times they are a result of the leader’s own failures and shortcomings.

Political power and influence are different. Once certain levels have been reached, there is no need to prove leadership or competence. A person with such power is accustomed to having every word carefully considered, and every whim treated as an order. And all who recognize that power know to bow to it.

A few have the courage or the foolishness to resist. Some succeed in standing firm against the storm. More often, they find their paths yet again turned from their hoped-for goal. But such a turn does not always mean that the victim has lost. Or that the victor has won."
~

I was planning for the second installment of my Nevil's series today.
A celebration for Mr. Zahn's birthday on a #ThrawnThursday.
And not sharing this (although magnificent) quote, which I already burned in my stories one week ago or so.

But, after my long loooooong day, these words were simply too fitting not to post.
When, once again, I am the one with "the courage or the foolishness to resist."
[Yeah, probably just the foolishness]

So, I was supposed to arrive home and take some shots at a Nevil charm.
But I saw sun and shadows on this absolutely stunning original art that @psiibee gifted me.

And I noticed Thrawn's beautiful face.
How melancholic he was.
Tired.
And so alone.

And, yet, surrounded by gold.
Rightful.
Strong.

It is a simple shot. I know.
But, photo and quote are truly me today.

No comments: