20.10.22

Gracing the universe

A friend need not be kept either within sight or within reach.
A friend must be allowed the freedom to find and follow his own path.
If one is fortunate, those paths will for a time join.
But if the paths separate, it is comforting to know that a friend still graces the universe with his skills, and his viewpoint, and his presence.
~

I know.
I already posted this beautiful quote, and I really try never to do that.
But, this is a completely different context, so allow me to break my own rule.

Today is indeed a very special #ThrawnThursday.
Adrienn's (@kotoroa) birthday.
And I should be really grateful to Thrawn (and, so, Zahn) for gifting me with such a wonderful human in my life.
A true kindred spirit.

Someone that would send a bottle of Vin Santo from Tuscany to the middle of American nowhere, just because she knows that you are always a little homesick.
Someone that would ask her relative to make you these adorable tiny dolls for your birthday, so they could pop up, in a box full of love, the day you're alone.
Someone who is brilliant, funny, able to read your mind, to speak about Eli (and Thrawn) for five hours in a row, and to (almost?) make you love Obi-Wan.

Happy birthday, Adrienn.

No comments: