19.5.21

Never ask for permission

"Honey, this isn't about your cause. This is about revenge. My employer wants to get even with you. Simple as that."

It should be clear, at this point, that I have something for pirates and bounty hunters.
Seriously, who doesn't?

So, you can imagine how much I totally adore this utterly badass Palliduvan.
From her relationship with a pirate (yes, folks, she and Hondo were canonically "enemies with benefits" at one point, and I SO understand, well, both), to be a sort of mother figure for the most famous bounty hunter in the franchise (and I mean Boba, not Din Djarin— I am old, remember?), Aurra Sing is one of my absolute favorite female characters.

"I just wanted to kill the Jedi that murdered my father!"
"Well, that will have to wait. Grow up. You'll get your revenge in time."

She is practical, patient, smart, skillful.
And, yes, let's face it.
Insanely beautiful.

So, it doesn't come as a surprise that "Assassin" is one of my best-loved Clone Wars episodes.
Three leading women, three absolute icons.
Tell me again that female-driven stories are not action-packed and mind-blowingly cool.

Her departure, the (in)famous "push" by Beckett, is a full story I genuinely would love to read. My gut suggests he made a little bit of a legend for himself, and she died in a more spectacular way, and, definitely, not so easily. Moreover, the fact that a lot of people wanted her dead, Dryden Vos at the top of the list, claims for a book of its own.

And, pretty please, may I have a couple of NSFW chapters with Hondo too?
Just saying.

Hondo: "Oh my dear, you never were good at asking for permission to land."
Aurra: "I never ask for permission to do anything, my darling." [They kiss]
Hondo: "Ah yes. Yes. I remember." [looking at Boba] "Not mine, I take it?"

[In the photo, a magnificent pin by @rebelartempire. Their pins are huge, so detailed, and totally stunning! I mean... look at her eyes! Just wow.
In the background: I recently discovered that a *lot* of SW books are actually black and red underneath the dust jacket. Surprising.]

No comments: