17.1.22

Heart of a rebel

...Tell me all your secrets,
And I'll tell you most of mine.
They say nobody's perfect,
Well, that's really true this time.
I don't have the answers,
I don't have a plan.
All I have is you,
So, darling, help me understand.
What we do (You can whisper in my ears).
Where we go (Who knows what happens after here).
Let's take each other's hand,
As we jump into the final frontier.

"You have the heart of a rebel."
"I'll take that as a compliment."
Thrawn, in his systematic attention to reality and buried soul intentions, saw Alexsandr's true nature probably ages before Kallus himself.
Maybe, knowing Thrawn, easily revealed because of a reflection of his own heart.
And, yes, I guess it was a compliment, after all.
But, I promise, I do not want to speak about Thrawn today.

Comforting.
It is comforting that, of all the SW characters that were saved from their dark destiny, Alexsandr Kallus is the one who survived.
No matter the murders, the tortures, the massacres.
He, ultimately, deserved a happy ending.

Ahsoka, Leia, Han, Luke, Rex, Sabine, Hera.
While everyone else journey and tribulations were still on, even after Endor and the Empire, suspended and unconcluded, Kallus and Zeb were given closure.
Peace.

But, in a way, somehow frightening for a soldier and a warrior.
Used to be constantly in the fight, lives at stake, decisions to make.
No time for thinking, no time for feeling.
An easy dichotomic existence of "us or them", "live or die", "win or lose."
Black or white.

And then, suddenly, one day you are given the chance to, simply, be.
No answers and no directions.
Shades of grey.
When you were defined by war all your life, hard to cope with.

But, as I said in the past, it gives me solace to think about them.
Walking, uncertain, on this exciting new path.
Taking each other's hand as they jump into their unplanned beautiful future.

[Photo: one of my absolute favorite pins I own. Made by @ritarussiandoll_pins on a design by @drunkenfangschrecke. The quote is from "Final Frontier" by Don Was and Paul Reiser. The sweets are traditional "Carnival" treats called "chiacchiere" which mean "small talks". These, specifically the zebralike ones, reminded me of Zeb]

No comments: