18.1.22

The best of you

Anakin: Besides, the role of Master comes easily to me.
Ahsoka: Really? Well, this time, try to be convincing at it.

Anakin: Yeah, you’re right, I probably deserve most of the credit. But not all of it.
Ahsoka: Good thing I know you don’t mean everything you say.

Anakin: Have you seen Padmé?
Ahsoka: She’s right next to me! I’m okay, too. Thanks for asking.

Ahsoka: Well, this is another fine mess you've gotten us into.
Anakin: What? Hey, it's not my fault. You were supposed to study the holomaps.
Ahsoka: I did! Remember when I reminded you about the giant wall, and you said, 'Don't worry, Snips, we won't be anywhere near that.'
Anakin: Just get ready to climb.

Ahsoka: If there’s one thing I’ve learned from you, Master, it’s that following direct orders isn’t always the best way to solve a problem.
Terrified, as I am, for the new "Ahsoka" series (and I guess you, at this point, clearly know why), I forget sometimes how much HAPPY I am to see her again.

Her path, our path, all these years.
How much she changed, matured, while keeping her soul.
Her optimism, irony, kindness.

Impossible not to feel connected.
Impossible not to love her.
So, yes, I genuinely want to know more, to explore more.

And, on top of everything she can be and do and say, I honestly want to see her with Anakin again.
Because, with her, he is the best version of himself.
She truly is the Ashla, the Light Side, everything is right and just and real.
The only one (and I do understand this is a personal assessment) that deeply keeps Anakin grounded, balanced, sane.
Someone allowing him to be.
Silly, bold, carefree.
The kid that wanted to fix things, and to help others, and to smile, and to have fun.

So, sure, I hope for flashbacks.
But, mostly, I look forward to a moment, a connection.
Because they deserve it.

Washing away the sense of guilt from both of them.
The memory of her leaving when he needed the most.
The scar of that outstretched hand failing to reach his heart on Malachor, clashing with the stubborn self-persuasion that Anakin —the good in him, his past, his love— has truly been destroyed.

So, a closure, an understanding.
This is what I want to see, more than anything.

No comments: