20.1.22

Seven seconds

"I don't fear either the Grysks or your Empire."
*Ar'alani expression holds defiance and contempt*.
"Then fear for me. Even now Assistant Director Ronan decides what to report to Director Krennic, and beyond him to the Emperor. Chiss military activity within sight of Imperial forces could end my career. Possibly my life."
*Ar'alani is silent for seven seconds. Her expression shifts, now holding frustration and resignation. Her fingers tighten one last time around her weapon, then reluctantly relax.* "Either result would less than useful for the Ascendancy, I suppose," she said. *Her voice holds a degree of dark humor and irony*
"Very well".
~

Come on, Lani!
I know that it is evident that you care unconditionally about the guy (Thrawn absolutely leverages on that for pushing you, once again, to the limit) and you are saying this out of a hyperbole, and because it fits wonderfully that sarcastic relationship of yours.
However, Thrawn is already pretty convinced that he has no other "use" in life than serving the Ascendancy without your dark humor and irony making things worse.
[Tone that, thankfully, he totally notices, though]

At the end of "Treason", just before being purgilled, Thrawn is in an exceptionally dark spot with the Emperor. It is evident that his true allegiance lies with the Ascendancy, no matter the fables he keeps telling himself or Palpatine.
The whole gang (Ar'alani, Faro, Eli) got the memo: he is irremediably exposed and in a very very very "precarious" situation (quoting Faro here).
And, maybe, just maybe, in the back of his mind, he starts realizing that he TOTALLY underestimated and misunderstood the Emperor (because, stars, he utterly DID).

But even in this basically desperate condition, Ar'alani keeps supporting and trusting him.

Oh, I A D O R E these two.
I cannot even put it into coherent words.

And, yes! I collected enough merch for continuing (finally!) my Ar'alani series.
Expect a couple of months of posts about her.
You survived 18 weeks with Eli, I am sure you can manage this power couple for some time in my feed.

[Photo: the cutest pin by @ritarussiandoll_pins on the perfect chibi design by @junchan_nyan_art]

No comments: