8.11.22

Celebrating my comfort year

"You’ve got a good heart.
Don’t ever lose it.
No matter how the world tries to break you."
~

Mr. Linke, this post is for you.
For the stubbornness, for the commitment, for believing, for never giving up.
The stories that you gave us, the characters that mirrored our souls.
A project that was your dream, which nobody believed in.
[No, Riot, especially not you]
And, after your triumph, for sharing with us your breakdowns, and your humanity.

This post is also for Mr. Charrue and Mr. Delord.
Simply put, because your genius is out of this world.
Because you deserve to win all the director awards in the realms of the director awards. And I am not even talking animation here.
Because you're [fucking] French, but I love you anyway.

And I know I should be thanking, truly, everyone.
All the animators at Fortiche, of whom production videos are my guilty pleasure when I am sad and alone, Mr. Temple and Mako, because my Amazon Music repeats ad libitum the same fifty songs over and over, guessing I will never change the AI-created soundtrack (and I won't), Mrs. Overton because she is brilliant and mindblowing. And one of us.

And for all the actors that I know I should list here, I *have* to mention in this post, specifically Mr. Lloyd.
The two moles did most of the trick, I must admit, but without your curled accent, your "eh," your "incredible," and your "absolutely not," my life in the last year wouldn't be the same.
[And I know that I sound dramatic in this —very Jayce—, but it is the actual truth]

Finally, I would fail miserably in my intent to carve my gratitude for my last year's mental health if I wouldn't also mention @yakichou1 and the talent that they always share on social and Patreon (best investment ever), @nocrownsforkings for the art on my living room wall, @primavera_1903 and all the JayVik artists on Twitter, and the tag Jayce/Viktor writers on AO3.

Thank you.
Thank you, all.

[Photo: the super cute charm is by @ariespsyche_. Crystal by BadAstronautMakes, notepad by TransparentCity, on Etsy. In the background, the end sheets of my precious "Jayvikine," jayvik_zine on Twitter]

No comments: