2.8.20

Evil Plans (to Conquer the World)

I know. Nobody reads blogs anymore. Not a surprise.
But, today more than ever, I realized that if I had someone sharing info and suggestions and links like I do, well, I would be glad to read her/him.

This little space on the web was born more than 16 years ago, for sharing my geeky lifestyle and nerdy happiness.

The world has changed, social media evolved.
We had the Facebook era, the Twitter decade, the Tumblr period.
The Instagram shine, and the TikTok generation.

This blog is here to stay.
Even if it was just popular for a brief time in its life.
I am alone now.
No catchy hashtags, no convenient tags, no magic keywords.

Don't get me wrong, I never stopped to keep this diary because I love to do so.
For myself only.
For the pleasure to record what gives me joy.

Nevertheless, today I faced the fact that, in the end, I would love to read what I write. I would love to follow someone that can give me hints on glues, and comics, and sandpapers grits, and custom t-shirts.
A map of a treasure that can be, ultimately, discovered.

I do not have the time and resources to open a YouTube channel. And I would spend waaaaay too much time editing and trimming. Nothing would be like I want: the voice, the lights, the quality.
Tumblr is dead.
Twitter is not a good medium for browsing old posts and repositories.
Facebook is not really popular, at the moment, and browsing is also difficult.

So, I opted for Instagram, despite the not allowed working links.
A new adventure is on the go.

The Accidental Geek.

No comments: