2.8.20

Screen Accurate

Let's talk about dice.

I am a screen-accurate nut.
I am obsessed with accuracy since I was 10, and my grandma sewed clothes for me. I could watch a scene on VHS 36 thousand times before being confident of a detail for a cosplay.
Ancient times, when, actually, cosplay did not exist, and it was just pretend play and make-believe.

Anyway.
Dice.

Several posts below, I attached my Han Solo's dice. And, I guess, someone disagrees on their accuracy.
There are, actually, many versions of these around. Namely, you can find some "newer" dice, with sharper corners and soft weathering (like mine), and more "wore" ones.

Both are legit.
In "Solo" you can note one version, while in "The Force Awakens" or "The Last Jedi" you have the other.
So, what about the famous scene in "A New Hope", then? Well, they were, in fact, just "normal" golden dice.

The Sabacc version was not part of the galaxy far far away. Yet.

[You can find mine on Amazon, searching for "Smuggler's Dice Accurate Antique Weathered Gold Plated Solo Dice (Large)" and they cost around 20 dollars]

No comments: