23.8.20

What sparks joy

Sometimes people ask me why I buy action figures, figurines, and Funko pop since I don't play with them.

The simple answer is that I love to look at them.

I am fascinated by the details and the expressions, and it relaxes me to pose them and to carefully observe how they look like.

After a long time that you have a figurine in a position, it might happen that you don't observe it anymore. Like when you have the same desktop or screen saver on your phone for weeks.

However, every now and then, you dust them, or you need to reach a book behind them, and you are caught by a small detail in the clothes or the accessories, and you find yourself to enjoy their presence and look, as the first time you saw them.

I think it's a geek version of the pleasure that a painting gives to regular people.

[This is a The Last Jedi Luke Skywalker Elite Series Die Cast Action Figure bought in a Disney Store, gifted to me with love, and of which I don't really know the current value]

No comments: