10.8.21

Cassandra

"Look at them. So blissfully ignorant."
"Care to tell me what this is all about? Or would you rather save it for the Council?"
"Oh, no, no. You are the one that I wish to speak with. Were you not cast out of your Order?"
"I left voluntarily."
"Yes, but you were motivated to leave by the hypocrisy of the Jedi Council. We were both tools for greater powers."
"I am here to bring you to justice."
"Justice is merely the construct of the current power base. A base, which, according to my calculations, is about to change."
"And Darth Sidious is behind it?"
"He is behind everything."
"In the shadows, always. But soon, very soon... he will reveal himself. With your help, the Jedi can stop Sidious before it's too late."
"Too late for what?! The Republic to fall?"
"It already has, and you just can't see it! There is no justice, no law, no order, except for the one that will replace it! The time of the Jedi has passed. They cannot defeat Sidious. But, together, you and I can. Every choice you have made... has led you to this moment."
"I will help you. But you must answer one question."
"You have but to ask."
"What do you want with Anakin Skywalker?"
"He is the key to everything."
"To bring balance to the Force?"
"To destroy. He has long been groomed for his role, as my master's new apprentice."
"You lie."
"I'm afraid not. In fact, I was so certain of his fate that I orchestrated this war to lure him here with Kenobi to kill him. Thus, depriving Sidious of his prized pupil."
"I know Anakin. Your vision is flawed."
~

Maul. Screaming without a voice.
Lost, clouded, thirsty for revenge.
Like a sad Cassandra in his twisted insanity, he actually knows it all.
The fate of the Galaxy, Anakin, the Empire.
Every word, in the void.

[My most frightening nightmare]

[Photo: astonishingly elegant pin by @ritarussiandoll_pins, design by: @omgbartang]

No comments: