15.11.21

Please, talk

"Going somewhere, Master?"
Obi-Wan stopped in his tracks. Reclutantly, he turned around.
Anakin wore the exact smug smile Obi-Wan knew he would. But the smirk was balanced by the concern in his friend's eyes. []
"I presume Padmé told you about Duchess Satine's message to me?"
"Yes, and how the Jedi Council refused your request to help her."
Obi-Wan frowned. Just hearing the words brought up a disturbing flash of anger. He took a calming breath.
"It's not like you to disobey an order, Master."
"This is... different, Anakin."
"I understand. If it were Padmé in trouble..."
"That's not what I mean."
~

"Master Yoda feels that your judgments concerning Rush Clovis are clouded."
"Mm, I believe he can't be trusted."
"Yes, but there is more, isn't there? I sense a deep anger in you by my simply saying his name." []
"They had a relationship... once. I simply feel she is vulnerable to her emotions."
"She is... or you?"
"What are you implying?"
"Anakin, I understand to a degree what is going on. You've met Satine. You know I once harbored feelings for her. It's not that we're not allowed to have these feelings. It's natural."
"Senator Amidala and I are simply friends."
"And friends you must remain. As a Jedi, it is essential you make the right choice, Anakin, for the Order."
~

"Had you said the word, I would have left the Jedi Order."
~

I know.
I tricked you with Obitine IG stories and this gorgeous pin by @ritarussiandoll_pins (art by @p4ndster).

And here I am, talking about the "misinterpretation of silence and its disastrous consequences".
Which brought pain and suffering and death.
And not just to these two emotional monoliths, but to an entire Galaxy.

It would have been easy. Just a matter of being honest.
To themselves. To each other.
A simple confession, a "yes, I excruciatingly know where you stand right now, and it sucks, so leave this shit, and just be unapologetically happy. It matters way more than the fucking Order."
Ok, FINE.
Obi-Wan wouldn't have sworn that much, but the point remains.
Why not just TALK?

No comments: