12.1.23

I guess you're not dead

Watching "Interview with the Vampire."
It took me a while. Crazy nervous.

(If you know why, you know why).

It's basically a 1910/20 AU (at the 3rd episode), with -loosely- the same characters, totally different settings.
It's funny that with all the hate that Mrs. Rice threw at fanfictions over 50 years, they ended up producing one.

But the truth is that, like many fanfictions (and some early 2000 online forums, I guess), it is not bad at all.
Lestat is missing his extra flair (yes, I'm picky and you know why) and ends up being a little flat.
But it is Louis' tale, so it makes sense.
And they mixed the first book and the second book (which is good).

Pretty impressed by the production too.
And I adore that they picked the house in NOLA with the teal-colored balcony.
Yes, the actual intended one.

No comments: