27.4.23

Counter surfing inside your heart

"And all 22 of those navigators only want to serve aboard my ship now.
I’ve found myself in charge of a larger ship, a larger crew, and approximately 30 younglings following me about- my prior navigators and my newest additions.
Thrawn, I love them more than I feel I’m allowed to.

They’re children, for fucks’s sake.
When they draw pictures, they’re told to grow up and handle things like adults.
I can’t stand it.
So, when they draw me pictures, I very proudly hang them up in my office.
I guess you can say I’ve become a bit of an art collector as of late.
You’d probably love it.

You’d especially find it fascinating that they all draw me as well over six feet tall and that just simply isn’t the case.
No, I don’t need you to remind me of the time you caught me counter surfing to reach the top shelf of the cabinet in the break room.
If you made sound when you walked, I wouldn’t have almost broken my arm."
~

[This excerpt is from a beautiful story on Ao3. Unfortunately, because I am generally a complete idiot, when I note a passage I love, often I do not mark down the reference, certain (sigh!) that I will remember.
Please, let me know the author if you recall them so that I can give proper credit]
~

Some fan stories, simply, ARE canon.
I won't believe anyone who says otherwise.

[Photo: beautiful Eli art by @cherriielle. Thushie from @lindahansenraj and Thrawn wooden statue from @amandaanime99_cosplay. Tooka made by the talented @scifigirlnextdoor]

No comments: