11.4.23

Storytellers

I feel more compelled than ever to continue my "Ezra and Thrawn" series.
Mourning, if you want, what that story would have the potential to give us.

Powerful dynamics, hilarious interactions, fluff heart-melting moments.

As Zhan suggested in a 2021 panel:

"The question was what I would do to bring Thrawn back after nine years of vanishing... It seems to me that what we need to do is to set up some kind of a reluctant buddy thing between Thrawn and Ezra. The way I see it is that Thrawn persuades Ezra that there are worse things out there even than the Empire. The Empire has an all bunch of Rebels fighting against it; this is something that you and you alone can help us defeat. So, if Thrawn can persuade Ezra to work with him, reluctantly, probably, but I think that that would be the basis for the story. Think back to... one of my favorite examples of this is the tv show "White Collar": [] they don't really trust each other, but they work well together. [] So I think it would be something of that same flavor. Ezra would never be quite trusting Thrawn, looking for "what angle is he playing, what he is trying to get me to do that I shouldn't be doing." At the same time, Thrawn is, "I need your assistance; how do I get this from you without making you bolt." So there is a lot of interesting byplay. And, of course, you can bring people like Eli Vanto to talk to Ezra. "Yes, I was an imperial; now I am working with these guys because I recognize that there are more dangerous things out there as well." So there is a whole bunch of interesting dynamics that you can put together."

[Photo: GentleGiant Ezra and Chopper Maquette]

No comments: