6.4.23

The answer is NO

Eli is not a picky eater, has never been a picky eater. []
That being said, Eli has to bite the inside of his cheek to keep from grimacing when the dish is set in front of him. []
“Sir,” Eli hisses. “It’s moving.”
“I see that, ensign,” Thrawn mutters, a hardness in his tone that Eli hasn’t heard in a long time.
“I can’t do this.” Eli watches as the tentacles thrash in the bowl.
“For the Empire.”
“I don’t get paid enough to be fucking strangled from the inside,” Eli hisses, turning to his CO.
Thrawn is also watching the tentacles in his bowl. “That seems unlikely.”
“Would you like me to run numbers on the probability of exactly that happening?”
“No. I think I’d prefer the element of surprise.”
Eli watches as everyone grabs a wriggling tentacle with their thumb and forefinger, tilts their head back and lets it drop down their throat. []
“When is it socially acceptable to feign illness?” Thrawn asks him just as quietly.
“I think we’re gonna have to tough this one out, sir.”
Thrawn’s shoulders droop, the closest thing to defeat Eli has ever seen and probably will ever see. “I see.”
“Bottoms up,” Eli grabs the goblet.
“Indeed.”
[From "Delicacy" by amukmuk]
~

May I have the announcement of a long series of books filled with hysterically fluffy Eli and Thrawn shenanigans, from their Academy wild adventures to Thrawn's serene retirement, instead of Celebration nerve-wracking panels?

I'm here, powerless, biting my nails.
Inexorably waiting for the terrible things they will arbitrarily do to him.

I have been sitting on the edge for so long.
And now, now it is finally the time.

Did they see him?
Did they understand him?
Did they give him the love he deserves?

Did they realize the unlimited comical potential of this blue, adorable, polite, handsome alien, especially when he is around witty cowboys and inherently hilarious former street urchins?

[Photo: t-shirt by FanFixx on Etsy. In the background, Thrawn pillow by @psiibee]

No comments: