1.1.21

New beginnings

A challenging year, indeed.

Witnessing, basically powerless, the global suffering, the world struggle, the unemployment of many, was heartbreaking.

But we were stronger.

I am a privileged human.
My family was healthy, my job was -mostly- unchanged, and I received many unexpected personal successes in this 2020.
Yes, I cannot be less than thankful for this year.

For the people that I met, even just 'virtually', here and elsewhere.
For the creativity, talent, and kindness I can be amazed by, every day.

And for my passions.
My being a hopeless geek.

I know, I know.
Out there, the tragedy was real, and I don't want to appear selfish or superficial.
I could see the world.

But fandoms are not a refuge.
They are not a refusal to face reality.
They are additional layers to it.

They inspire us, teach us.
How to be better. How to be kind.
How to be strong. How to be compassionate.

So, don't judge me harshly if I post a Luke Skywalker's lightsaber today, or I admit that fandoms save me every day, or formed the person that I am.

It's my way to communicate, my way to improve, my way to discover.

My way to be.

To everyone who commented and enjoyed this little nerdy space.
Thank you, for allowing me to share my accidental geekiness.

Have a wonderful year, you all.

No comments: