2.1.21

Our power

A quick "fandom switch" today, for celebrating a glorious chitchatting afternoon with Beppu.

I can proudly say that I met all my beloved and closest friends via TV show conventions and fan clubs.
The hardcore of my "chosen family" was part of the Italian Buffy community for many years.

Even with just Buffy the Vampire Slayer as the initial link, but given that fandoms are always overlapping, our lovely "geek pack" is unbreakable for almost 20 years now.

So, despite I moved across the world twice in the last 12 years, two days ago we celebrated 2021 together with 11 hours of virtual chat and board games "night", spanning 2 continents, 3 time zones, and 4 states.

Therefore, although I stab myself regularly in the palm with it, this bracelet charm scythe is truly precious to me.
Not just it reminds one of the best pep talks in TV history, but it is a memento that my friends are always with me, no matter how far away we are.

"In every generation, one Slayer is born, because a bunch of men who died thousands of years ago made up that rule. They were powerful men.
This woman is more powerful than all of them combined.
So I say we change the rule.
I say my power should be OUR power"

No comments: