30.1.21

Because we love him

Still tasting the last "Thrawn Trilogy" book, torn apart between the desire to devour every line in my little spare time and the sadness to complete the journey too quickly, I'm not here (yet) to share my thoughts on the prequel book "Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising", depicted here.
Nor, actually, to rant in an 8500-words essay about how obsessed I am with Thrawn.
Everyone should be safe.

Nevertheless, I have to share the incredible excitement I felt *all this week* while reading all your ideas and perspectives about this magnificent character.
As often happened since I opened this account, you gave me so overwhelmingly much more than I could give you with my little 'giveaway'.

Your notes were full of wit, interesting points, unforgettable quotes.
And I truly adored that was the brilliance of his intellect the shared element that led us, more than anything, to love him.

Not brutal strength, superpowers, terror.

But his mind, his ability to lead, to observe, to truly understand. The patience in pondering reality and people, studying them, before acting.

Sadly, an approach and value that the current world too often forgets.

[in the photo: Star Wars: Thrawn Ascendancy (Book I: Chaos Rising) -YES, IT IS BLUE!- by Timothy Zahn. Leia's ring from the sequel trilogy, from eBay.]
 

No comments: