7.2.21

Devilish

"I thought David Bowie was exceptionally clever to not bring a truly evil and angry and fiendish tone to his role as the villain. He was so deft at being devilish more than evil, dangerous maybe, but not a character fraught only with ill-will."
— Jim Henson on Bowie's portrayal of Jareth.

Although I'm generally not part of the #teambadguys, but boringly and predictably cheering for the #goodguys, there are a few exceptions to the list.

Jareth is, definitely, one of them.

Maybe immature and capricious, he is more wicked than evil.

Extremely captivating, hypnotic, sexual, he is impossible to ignore.
It's that kind of me-me-me guy (or girl) that you really don't *need*, but, nevertheless, you fall for at one point in your life.

In the specific case of Jareth, though, I ultimately don't know if I am more attracted because of the character himself, or because he is *David Bowie*.
It's impossible to separate the two in my mind. And David would be magnetic and glamorous even while peeling potatoes in my grandpa's sweater and crocs.

Are you normally fascinated by the bad guys (or girls), or do their twisted intentions dampen out your interest?

[In the photo, the super cute chibi Jareth by @littleshopofpins]

No comments: