13.2.21

Witty, handsome, educated, calm, tall man

"It matters which side we choose. Even if there will never be more light than darkness. Even if there can be no more joy in the galaxy than there is pain. For every action we undertake, for every word we speak, for every life we touch—it matters".

"[The ancient Jedi mystrics] could only predict the future through the prism of their own experiences. So by studying their words, their warnings, we learn more about their ways [...]. And by asking ourselves how *we* interpret these prophecies, we discover our fears, hopes, and limitations".

"I'm coming to believe that we must all interpret the Code for ourselves, or it ceases to be a living pact and becomes nothing but a prison cell".
~

I cannot truly express how much I adore Qui-Gon Jinn.

I was in love with Liam Neeson way before Episode I.
I was so obsessed with him that, in an era pre-Amazon, pre easily available international shipping, pre... everything, I asked my auntie to ask a colleague to ask his wife (not even joking here) to buy, while traveling in the US, a second-hand Neeson's biography for me. A book that, probably, even at the time, was owned by a grand total of 4 people in the world.
Including Liam's mom.

And even if Qui-Gon Jinn wouldn't have Liam Neeson's perfect face, perfect physical presence, perfect *voice*, the character alone would be enough for entering rightfully in my most loved top ten.

His beliefs.
His humanity.
His love (!).
[And, one day, we really need to be told the Felucia tale, by the way].

He defies biases, he is able to be compassionate and understanding with every "pathetic life form" that I can encounter.
He reads the human soul through history.

The large majority of my favorite SW quotes are Qui-Gon's.
And many of those are from "Master and Apprentice", so, ultimately, Claudia Gray.

[And read flawlessly by Jonathan Davis, the only man that can be *magnificently* be Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, AND Dooku in the same book).

When @thenerfherderco opened their shop, I was so eager to try their wax melts.
I'm a little bit of a smell freak.
I'm always burning or mist-ing or spraying something.
But I did not own a wax melter (!).

Melter bought, order done.
BEST. DECISION. EVER.

If Master Jinn even had a smell, THIS was it.
It smells witty, handsome, educated, calm, tall man. If this is a thing.

And I'm in love.

[Ps. @thenerfherderco sent me a sample of "Ben Solo" and I cried a little when I tried it.
I needed that in my life. I really did].

~
"Focus on what you can do, instead of what you can't".

"Memory is, in the end, all we truly possess".

"We don't choose the light because we want to win. We choose it because it is the light".
[This is Rael, not Qui-Gon, but I couldn't leave this out]

No comments: