3.2.21

Good times for the collector

I need to celebrate with you today because after like FOREVER this Ahsoka Tano figure is finally in my hands.

When it dropped for pre-order, many months ago, I was ready, with the alarm clock and Walmart page refreshed and pretty in front of me.
But people in this fandom have true skills when it is a matter of selling out collectibles.

I tried to wait, patiently, checking resellers and Co., but it was simply not available or insanely expensive.

Recently, people started to find retail stocks in stores or something, so the insanely expensive price lowered to still-crazy-but-less-than-a-kidney one.

The point, as often happens when you are a collector, is deciding if it is worthy to buy a 20 dollars figure for 40. In my personal vision, particularly, if I want to contribute to enrich not actual fans, but people that speculate on my "collector gene".

It kind of pisses me off that I need to wait 6 months to buy a 13 dollars loth cat plush at Target *actually* paying 13 dollars, just because some people raid the stores every two days for selling it at 25 on eBay.

But.
February is my birthday month, and every year, I indulge in buying even more stuff than usual, just because, you know, "come on, it's my birthday".

So, there.
Shrugging away the doubts, I ultimately convinced myself that I *really* needed this version in my collection.

And it's objectively a beautiful beautiful figure.

(I swear, I'm not trying to sell you the weak motivation here).

No comments: