28.2.21

In a tuxedo

The "Screaming Citadel" is an unusual crossover, among the previous 'Star Wars' comic run, and the Doctor Aphra series.

As a collection of, basically, two writers and three artists, it is a little inconsistent in terms of the art quality.

However, I adore Marco Checchetto's works, and, here once again, I was absolutely blown away by his contribution. And surprisingly, I found the work of Salvador Larroca equally stunning.

In the set above, I collected some small edits of photos that I took of the pages.
Some illustrations are incredible, and it's astonishing to see such a wonderful resemblance with Mark Hamill in almost every page inked by Checchetto or Larroca.
[Which is not *so* common in comics]

Story-wise, it's maybe not one of my favorite runs, even if Aphra is indisputably hilarious (and Han too), and I will forever be grateful to Gillen (the main writer) for giving me Luke in the Star Wars version of a tuxedo.

Mental fanfictions for a lifetime.

No comments: