27.2.21

Till the spire!

Scheduled to leave for Batuu on March 17, 2020, I started to read 'Black Spire' by Delilah Dawson exactly one year ago.

I didn't read any Star Wars novels for maybe 5 years, but I absolutely wanted to learn about "the culture and the locals" before my trip.
It is what wise travelers do!

Today, 14 books later, I couldn't hope to be back in the 'SW printed realm' with a more fitting story.

Star Wars is always about redemption.
It's about surviving a terrible past with resilience and patience.
It's always about forgiveness.

Luke and Anakin.
Rey and Ben.

Vi and Archex.

I adored Vi Moradi from page one.
She is nothing like the classical bold hero.
Nothing I saw before in a SW novel.
She is calm, cautious, thoughtful.
Almost invisible, at times.
(She is, after all, a spy).

She feels fear, yet she acts.
She is uncertain, yet she stands up.

And her emotional ability to read others is an ocean.

So, don't get me wrong, I adore Hondo and love Rey and Chewie.
But it's Vi the person that I want to meet the most the day I will travel to Batuu.

[Also, it's the first LGBTQA+ character I read about in a SW story, and the first openly asexual. And this counts.]

When I started this account, six months ago, I missed the chance to buy this so beautiful pin by @coralsnakegoods.
She sold out also Hondo, but she had some B-grade pieces, and so I decided to buy one. And since there was the snow, and she is an exceptionally lovely human, and I don't really know what other miracle, she decided to include in my package also a Vi pin (which she said it was defective, but, I swear, it's SO PERFECT to me).
I started to cry like a kid when I opened the box, then jumping around the living room repeating "omg omg omg I have Vi, I have Vi"

So, as usual, I am sharing my joy.
Till the spire!

No comments: