12.4.21

Everyone is made of light

"The great truth of the Force: no matter what a person was on the outside...
...inside, everyone was made of light."

This is the first of -many- posts that I plan to write about the High Republic series, and "Light of the Jedi" by Charles Soule in particular.

I start to say that I am biased.
I am biased because, as even rocks know now, I love Thrawn. So, if you ask me "Which are your best-loved SW books?" I would probably reply "Chaos" and "Thrawn." They are like that diner in Indiana where your grandpa was taking you when you were 5. It wasn't that fancy, the burgers delicious but habitual, the malt way too sweet. Nevertheless, it was YOUR diner. Every GOOD thing in life linked to it.

But the truth is.
"Light of the Jedi" is my brain pick.
It is a GEM.

It is cinematographic, captivating, dynamic.
For me (<and I stress this part) is the best-written SW book I read so far.
And I am mostly speaking about style here.
Loving such distinctive prose is very personal, so do not take my word for it. Also, I am just a random peasant that reads books sometimes.
But, wow. Soule writes as I would sell my soul for.

New lines.
Put. Emphasis. On. Words.
Sentences without a verb.
Fascinating, intricate, peculiar adjectives separated by commas.

"That one thing.
Hope"

"All the ships, people, Jedi, Republic, locals. Red, green, blue, worlds, lives, hope, despair."

I can almost quote the entire book here.
I L O V E I T.

And, moreover, it is funny and enthralling, and brilliant.

For celebrating this first post (I know I am already running out of characters), and my total crush on this era, I share another stunning pair of earrings made by the always wonderfully talented @geekablycute. They are mesmerizing.
They are so changing color and attitude, according to the light, that today I am violating my number 1 personal IG rule: never post two photos that do not add content. But, see, even if they do not, I feel the need to share how the colors are mutating, and always surprising.
So, allow me this exception.
The earrings are placed on an insanely beautiful @hello_there_stickers t-shirt, which, however, will be spotlighted in another post.

No comments: