13.4.21

Not this time

"Perhaps I was wrong."
[Prepares to strike Ezra with his light saber]
"It wouldn't be the first time."
"It was foretold that you would be here. I our long awaited meeting has come at last."
"I'm glad I gave you something to look forward to."
"We need not be adversaries. The Emperor will show you mercy, if you tell me where the remaining Jedi can be found."
"There are no more Jedi. You and your Inquisitors have seen to that."
"Perhaps this child will divulge what you will not."
"I thought I know who you were under that mask. But it's impossible. My master could never be so vile."
"Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him."
"Then I will avenge his death."
"Revenge is not the Jedi way."
"I am no Jedi."
~

As one of the most emotional moments in the whole SW saga, the encounter between Ashoka and Vader is the duel I always pick when my friends are hesitant to watch "Rebels."
Of course, I need to prep them a little about who Ahsoka is in the first place if they are unaware, but I have a tested and effective selection of CW episodes that never fail.

At the iconic "I am no Jedi", I saw grown-ups melting, barely keeping it together, even after a very succinct introduction to the character.
Because, to be frank, she is utterly magnificent in that scene.
And even if one of my favorite Rebels episodes is "Fighter Flight" (yes, the meiloorun one, folks) and the fundamental reason why I adore Rebels are puffer pigs and space waffles (a.k.a. *GIVE ME THE FLUFF*), "Twilight of the Apprentice" is one of my most beloved Star Wars, well, EVERYTHING.

So, you can clearly imagine how, as soon I discovered this glorious pin by @thescevolistore, it had to be part of my small but cherished collection.
The colors are impressive, the art majestic.
So dynamic, breathtaking.
As the scene itself.

"I won't leave you. Not this time."
"Then you will die."

No comments: