23.4.21

This side of the pig

"We’ve reached the blockade.
I could really use Hera on this side of the pig right about now."
OK, folks.
The moment of the truth has finally arrived.
Now is when I go out from the shadows, and I proudly declare which is my 100% "comfort Star Wars."
You know, when you need to be so unapologetically happy and comfy and warm inside.

Yes.
"Fighter Flight" and "Idiot's Array."
And I am talking 11 movies, books, and all the series here.
["The Force Awakens" is my close second, but if I want the purest feeling, I go with these two]

I think I saw these episodes 100 times. Each.
And, no. Not that my life is so bad, but this is the kind of feeling-good sensation that I am a total sucker for.
Yep. I am THAT kind of a fan.
I read fluff fanfiction, I love fluff fanart and, there is, generally, a ton of fluff headcanon in my brain.

So you can clearly understand why "Rebels" is, by far, the best thing I could have on TV. It's family, and cozy, and funny, and they love each other SO MUCH. Sure, there are some very angst episodes, some incomprehension, but, mostly it goes away in the arc of an episode or two.

And the foundation of that is, of course, Hera.
"All right. Enough with the divide and conquer. You think by setting us against each other, you'll keep us off-balance enough to get what you want? But what you want depends on my crew working together in sync. Is that clear?"
She is the very heart of the Ghost crew, the link that keeps everyone pushing for their best and walking a step further in the direction of mutual respect and affection. She knows that harmony and love are the keys.

And she is very good with trays.

Every time I wear these stunning earrings by @occasional_geek, I feel all her strength and empathy. I gifted them to myself for my birthday two months ago, and it was a perfect decision. They are elegant, and the pearl and glitter are just magnificent. The details are incredible, and, believe me, the picture absolutely doesn't give them justice.
In the photo also one of my favorite face masks (second just to the Kanan's one) by @spacemomcreations, which I featured some posts ago.
Kanan: Have to admit, it’s a lot more peaceful aboard with the kids gone.
Hera: Yeah, but I’m feeling a bit guilty about feeling sending them--
Kanan: On a wild meiloorun chase?
Zeb: Spectre-4 to Ghost.
Hera: Ah, right on cue. Go ahead, Spectre-4.
Zeb: Right. Well, we’ve a bit of a problem.
Hera: I thought you might. Look, don’t worry about the meilooruns.
Ezra Bridger: Yeah, meilooruns. Uh, we found some. But we lost them. Then we found them again. But we smashed them.
Zeb: Just cut to the chase, kid.
Kanan: Wait! What am I hearing? It sounds like--
Ezra Bridger: Yeah, about that. See, um-- well-- We stole a TIE Fighter.
Kanan: YOU WHAT?!
Zeb: He’s taking it better than I thought.
Kanan: Get rid of it!
Both: Do we have to?
Kanan: At least tell me you dismantled the locater beacon.
Zeb: Of course. We’re not fools. (whispering to Ezra) Under there. The red wire. No, wait—the blue.
Ezra Bridger: Well, which one?
Kanan: It’s red and the blue.
Ezra Bridger: Right. Got it. I-I mean… got it a long time ago. You know, back when we first boarded. Right away. Immediately.
Kanan: Stealing a TIE attracts unwanted attention. Rendezvous at Shadow Site 2 Fly straight there. Do not stop. And don’t do anything.
Zeb: On our way. Spectre-4 out.
Ezra Bridger: That went well.
Zeb: Yeah.
Ezra Bridger: Do you know which way we’re supposed to go?
Zeb: No idea.

No comments: