29.4.21

We shall

“But I’ve got a better idea,” she said. “We’ve got at least a few days, more likely a week. Why don’t you come to the Irizi homestead with me?”
“To your homestead?” Thrawn echoed. “Are strangers even allowed?” A muscle in his cheek twitched. “Especially strangers from rival families?”
“I don’t know, and I don’t care,” Ziara said. “I’m blood, and I’m an honored member of the fleet who just helped save eight thousand lives. I don’t know how far all that will take me, but I’d rather like to find out. You game to find out with me?”
“I don’t know,” Thrawn said hesitantly. “I don’t want you to get in trouble on my behalf.”
“I’m not worried about it,” Ziara said. “Did I mention that my grandfather was an amazingly passionate art collector?”
Thrawn smiled. “If I haven’t mentioned it recently, Ziara, you have a knack for seeking out and exploiting your opponents’ weaknesses. Very well. Shall we once again charge headlong into danger?"
"We shall," Ziara said. “Besides, we’ve just survived an encounter with a malicious gas giant planet. Really, how bad could my family be?”
~

There is just one thing in all the canon Thrawn books that I love almost as much as Thrawn himself.
The relationship between Thrawn and Ar'alani.

They are the purest representation of what, for me, a true friendship should be. Love, honesty, support. Being there, for that person that is the extension of your soul, no matter the time, the distance, the odds.

And, although I did not dive into "Greater Good" yet, "Chaos" and "Treason" are hymns to their relationship.
Which is truly magnificent to read.

So, starting from today, I will spend more than a few weeks reporting beautiful moments in their strong and wonderful partnership, lasting decades and light-years.

[In the photo. My precious and priceless treasure: the Ar'alani custom Funko Pop by @poppourrico, absolutely one of the most perfect things I own]

No comments: