5.4.21

You killed my father

"If I may say so, Captain Solo, I do find it rather disconcerting that your vessel continues to be easily mistaken for garbage"

I decided that, while I'm waiting for the 2020 run to unfold, I will share with you the 2015 series of the 'Star Wars' comics.

While the current is set after Bespin, the first arc was just after the explosion of the first Death Star, with Luke just discovering his new Jedi potential, without a guide or knowing where to find one.

The theme was also explored in 'Heir of the Jedi', not a particularly good book, generally speaking, with, however, some nice insights into Luke's growth.

[No, not the "moving noodles with the force" part, nor him trying to make out with a random lady for a good part of the story. However, I did love some quotes, and several interesting reflections about being the son of a Jedi - which weren't supposed to marry or have children- or Jedi mind tricks attempting or lightsabers assembling]

Anyway.

The first issue art is generally good, and I enjoyed the characterization of all the OT protagonists.
I loved the moment in which Luke faces Vader for the first time after the Dark Lord 'sensed' him during the trench run. I honestly found it odd that Vader did not recognize his own lightsaber at a first glance (come on Anakin! The Graflex!), but, overall, I appreciated the whole scene, which, for me, was indeed a missing piece in the relationship between Luke and Vader.

"Who are you?"
"You killed my father"
"I've killed very many fathers. You'll have to be more specific."

The story is action-packed, but there are very interesting dialogues between Leia and Han, and Leia and Luke, which, in my personal opinion, are the main reason why I love the comics: exploring these relationships besides what we see on screen.
Bonuses: Boba Fett, and Luke's super cool outfit (the Yavin yellow jacket!).

[My photo features, in the background, besides some of my lightsabers and a seeker droid, one of *my* favorite jackets ever: Jyn Erso by @fjackets]

No comments: