2.4.21

Scents

If you ever checked out my older posts or stories, it is not news that I am completely addicted to @thenerfherderco wax tarts.

She has a gift, I am telling you.
She can frame a character with surgical perfection.
Sure, scents are personal, and you may like them or not.
But it is unarguable how flawless they all are.

Although I consider them all genuinely divine, I want to report here some silly thoughts for describing my *very own* top top top ones among the 18 (!!!) I tried.

[Yes. 18. And 4 more are on the way]
[Not joking about the 'obsession' part]

I already discussed Qui-Gon, Kylo, and Ben in previous entries, so I won't repeat myself. Nevertheless, I want to state again how phenomenal these three are, definitely among my highest treasured favorites.

I premise that I love strong, imposing perfumes.
"Across the stars", the Padme and Anakin scent, is persistent, passionate, impossible to ignore. Together with Vader's, it is one of the most robust fragrances in my collection.
And I love it.

"Kanan" is magnificent.
Slightly lighter than I expected, but exquisite.
Exotic, in a way, but humble, grounded, round.
Peculiar and precious, it is not something you can find or reproduce easily.
And if this sentence does not describe Kanan, I do not know what it does.

And then.
Thrawn.
Wow. I can't describe how I feel when I melt this.
Initially, I thought it was similar to a very specific scent, uniquely created for a brand of expensive shops. They engineered this fragrance for a sensation of exclusivity, prestige. Something that just a few can experience or understand.
I was curious if I was right, so I did buy the original perfume, even if I hate the company with a passion.
And I was just partially right.
Because Melissa's Thrawn is SO MUCH MORE.
It is not just a cologne. It is an idyllically and blissfully blended cologne.
The tones, there, are more complex and elegant.
It feels initially like a familiar "man" scent, but it is more refined and layered.
It is difficult to frame, to follow.
You can partially understand some notes, but not all.
It's Thrawn.

No comments: