6.3.21

Ah, the stories I could tell

I love pirates.
I loved pirates since I remember.
Sure, the romantic, Salgari version of a pirate.
But I was always fascinated by them, dreaming about them, writing about them.
I spent the best summers of my childhood watching absolutely not historically accurate corsairs and buccaneers movies with my grandpa.
And I am talking here that "Pirates of the Caribbean" is my favorite Magic Kingdom ride, and the first I line for every time I visit.

So, you can imagine my total fascination for THE pirate of my favorite franchising. Hondo Ohnaka is, without any doubt, one of my 10 most adored SW characters.
Funny in Clone Wars, lovely in Rebels, iconic around the Black Spire Outpost.

I never played TheSims until I discovered that Hondo was a character for the Batuu expansion. Everyone has her guilty pleasure, her comfort activity for very bad days, and mine is having my Sim playing sabacc with Hondo at the Oga's Cantina.

So, accidental pin collector or not, I could not help but add to my treasure this absolutely perfect chibi version of our very favorite pirate by @coralsnakegoods.

"Ah, the stories I could tell. So many of them true."

No comments: