10.3.21

At the edge of the galaxy

"At the edge of the galaxy
So far away
Black was the spire
That called me to stay.
A beacon for drifters
Forgotten and lost
The spires summoned those
Broken and tossed.
Come stay here forever
Or just pass on through.
The spirit of Black Spire
Will forever change you."

Beautiful.
The first time I read this poem, in @delilahsdawson "Black Spire" novel, it reminded me of:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

The Black Spire, like Lady Liberty, welcomes us *all*, the drifters forgotten and lost, in this land without time or judgment, at the Edge of the Galaxy.

[Stunning Vi Moradi t-shirts by @bound2bepic]

No comments: